Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

When it's too quiet you know someone's up to no good...

Today while I was in the living room attempting to account for a missing ball popper ball and remove an Easter egg from said popper (Morgan LOVES to put things down the hole), I noticed that it was quiet. Too quiet. You know that feeling....when there is not a sound in the house even though your child(ren) are home. And you just have that "OH NO" feeling in your stomach as you realize you haven't heard any sounds for a few minutes.



So I went on the hunt to find Morgan. Thankfully our house is fairly small and there were few places she could be. I found her in our entrance room/mud room which we refer to as Bailey's room because that is where her cage and food/water are. When I walked around the corner I found my daughter dipping a wash rag (that she got off the edge of the tub from her bath the night before) IN the dog's water dish and then sucking the water out of the rag!!!



Naturally I let out this "Just what do you think you are doing" half yell half laugh. Morgan and Bailey both jumped about 5 feet in the air. I wish I would have had my video camera because it was cute, even if it was gross. Morgan had stretched water across the entire length of the room. I guess she felt that I needed to mop the floor!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hannah is obsessed with the dog's water dish too. We have to move it out of her reach whenever she's awake, so now the dog is probably dehydrated.

Hannah also loves to drink toilet water, which is precious. It's pretty amazing that she hasn't contracted a dread disease yet.

Oh, and when we were visiting my aunt who has cats, Hannah sampled the cat food and said, "Kitties crackers, kitties cookies, YUMMMM!"

Mama10EE said...

OK, now I don't feel so bad! :) Morgan hasn't discovered the toilet yet, much to my delight. The bathroom is her favorite room in the house, but she doesn't bother the toilet. Of course she HAS discovered the toilet paper...you can see where this is going!