Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hiatus

I hated to realize today that I haven't posted on this blog for almost a month. Things have been so busy at home and at work that I just haven't had the time. Add to that the fact that Morgan and I have both been sick for well over a week and that leads to one very tired Mama.

While it's been super busy, there really hasn't been much going on to report. Patrick has been working and on the road a lot with his new job as the Suicide Prevention Coordinator for WV. On Saturday the 6th we participated in a 5K walk for suicide prevention in Huntington. That was a lot of fun. It was a gorgeous day and the park was really nice. Patrick's sister Amy and our niece Julia joined us and we had a good time.



Last weekend Morgan and I were in Buckhannon with my aunt while Patrick was out of town. We wrapped Christmas gifts, played Scrabble, and did a little shopping. It was nice to have some help with Morgan since I have strep throat and have been running a fever for a few days.

This weekend is WVU football and the Red Ribbon Race (we're not running in this one, just working the tables). Fall has certainly arrived in WV. I am not a big fan of fall because it is the beginning of winter, my least favorite of the seasons. But this year I am glad to see it come. Frankly I am tired of my summer clothes and it's been refreshing to have a little crispness in the air. Fall is a time to remind us there is beauty in dying and that life is renewed every year. While winter is always so long for me, I look forward to life renewed in the spring.

No comments: