Tonight Patrick and I got to go out as a couple, sans Morgan, for the first time in probably 4 months. Since Patrick has to work tomorrow night, we decided to roll Valentine's Day into date night to make it extra-special. Way back in September I had bought tickets to see Chicago! the musical at the Creative Arts Center here at the University. We try to go to at least one show a year in an attempt to stay "cultured". I had never really paid any attention to the fact that the show was the day before Valentine's Day, so that was a bonus for us!We had dinner at Chilis, which was good as always, and then headed to the show. The show was really good! Most of the performers were debuting in their first tour, but they all seemed like seasoned veterans. I had promised Patrick that he would like the show, and I am so happy that he did. He is starting to trust me when I say he won't regret going (after a rather horrible performance of The Nutcracker I wasn't sure he'd ever go again). We are actually going to see The Lion King this weekend with my aunt in Pittsburgh. Two musicals in one week...be still my heart!
We ended up getting home really late after picking up Morgan from Aunt Becky's. We can't thank them enough for entertaining Morgan all evening. She LOVES going there! I am so glad we got to go out. It's rare, but it was a very nice change of pace, and it's always great to spend time with Patrick.
No comments:
Post a Comment