As some of you might know from Morgan's website, today was Morgan's first day at public preschool. Up until today Morgan has been blessed with private, in home day care from sweet Ellen, and my wonderful Aunt Anita. I have been very stressed about today....worrying about everything that could potentially go wrong.
This morning didn't start out well...Morgan is off routine of getting up early, she didn't want to get dressed, she didn't want her hair combed, etc. When we finally were ready to go Patrick snapped a great "first day" picture and we were off.
When we got to the day care, Morgan was excited to see the play park. She was a little shy as we went into the center and met the director. But as soon as she peeked around me, she saw a plethra of TOYS and KIDS to play with! Without a backward glance, she was off and playing. I was so thankful that the drop off went well. My plan was to pick her up after lunch at 12:30 and take her home to spend the afternoon with James and Aunt Anita. My though...ease her in so when she has to stay all day on July 6th, she'll be OK.
I got to work and watched her eat breakfast with her class through KidsVision (secure online web streaming of cameras within the building). She seemed to be doing well. She spilled her juice and didn't want breakfast, but she was blending right in with the rest of the kids. Whew, a sigh of relief for me. Off to do actual work I went.
At 11:45 my office phone rang. It was the director of the day care center, Ms. G. She said I had to come pick Morgan up. I had a quick thought if "oh man, she must have had a total breakdown". Turns out, to me at least, it was much worse. I asked what was wrong. Ms. G. said Morgan had tripped outside while playing, split open her chin, and would most likely need stitches. This is what I heard....Tripped. Split. Stitches. Panic sets in. I left my office so fast I don't remember if I locked my computer or locked the door! I drove like a wild woman to the day care center (thank GOD it is about 2 miles away from my office). I ran up the stairs to the building, and arrived in the director's office to see my child COVERED in blood. I walked up to her and asked what happened. Thankfully she had already calmed down and was able to tell me what had happened, exactly as Ms. G. had said.
She had split about a 1 inch long, 3 cm deep wound on the underside of her chin, so when I first looked at her, I couldn't see it. I made a stupid mom move, however, when I asked to see it and instantly made a scared face. That didn't do well for Morgan. But I was able to give her the pacifier I had stuck in my pocket and we left for the hospital. Morgan was upset that she couldn't say goodbye to hear friends. Sometime in between my office and the center I had managed to call the pediatrician and ask where I should take her. They directed me to the Urgent Care center.
The WVU Urgent Care Center was amazing. They saw her almost immediately, much faster than if we had gone to the ER. The nurse and doctor were WONDERFUL with Morgan. In fact, the doctor's own daughter goes to the same day care center and will be in Morgan's class in October! The doctor determined that she would indeed need stitches. But the Lord was with us and the doctor suggested liquid stitches. They were able to numb the area with liquid instead of a shot, and after a quick snip of some lingering skin (I about puked at this point) they put Dermabond on the wound. It's basically a stronger version of liquid Bandaid. We made it through with no needles, no pain, no tears. When she was done, the doctor gave Morgan a popsicle, 3 stickers, and a book! She was such a big girl.
We came home and I put her to bed. It took me a long time to wind down and bring my pulse and blood pressure back to normal. She woke up a little while ago saying her boo boo was hurting a little, but that she wanted to go swimming. I told her she could go but she had to keep her boo boo dry. Unfortunately she'll be unable to go to swim class this weekend since she can't really swim for 2 full days. But I figured splashing around in our little baby pool with James wouldn't hurt her chin and would keep her mind off of it.
Unfortunately I don't have the camera to take a picture of the cut, but when Patrick gets home tomorrow I will try to get a picture. Morgan is very excited to go back to school tomorrow, so I am sure she is no worse for wear. My nerves are a little shot, but eventually Mama will be fine too! :)
สล็อตเว็บตรงยุโรป
2 years ago
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, I would have been so freaked out! I'm glad she's ok and they could do the liquid stitches. What a rough day for you!!!!!
Post a Comment