Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Off the beaten path

Hello! Yes I am still alive and well even though it has been a while since I posted. I have lots of updating from the last few weeks to do, but tonight I am settled quitely in a beautiful, quaint bed and breakfast in Petersburg, WV.
I've never stayed at a bed and breakfast before. I arrived much later than expected but the Innkeepers were waiting for me with a cup of tea and a slice of freshly baked (and still warm) pumpkin pie.
I've been on the road all day and was so tired when I arrived. However, unlike the anonymity of a hotel, Geri and Ed engaged me in conversation, asked about my visit to Petersburg, and we had a nice chat over pie. Even though when I arrived I only wanted to find my bed, I was glad to have some company and conversation. When they showed me to my room, I was amazed!
I have a wing to the house all to myself. We entered into a morning room with a day bed and some antique furniture. The french doors were opened into the Sweet Country Suite. I so wish I had brought the camera to get pictures of my own, but I was able to pull these off their website.
The suite is decorated with lots of Thomas Kinkade (who happens to be my favorite artist) and floral country. Even the bathroom is very tastefully done. I am already in love with the place and am trying to figure out a way to get back down here with Patrick and Morgan.
Unfortunately my stay will be very brief (about 12 hours or so) then I am back on the road for work. But for tonight I will enjoy the country quiet with my cup of tea and mints, yes actual mints, on my pillow!
Stay tuned for an update of the past few weeks soon...

No comments: