Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

What Works for Me Wednesday...a safety tip


I was reading in one of my parenting magazines a few weeks ago about this really good idea for safety for your child in crowds. In the age of camera phones and digital cameras, most people have a picture-taking device on hand at all times (for those of you who know me, you KNOW I do!). The mother suggested right before going into a crowded place (mall, fair, park, or amusement park) to take a picture of your child. That way should the child get lost, you have a CURRENT picture, and a picture of your child in the clothing they are wearing that day. And if you are in the mall, you will probably have access to a photo development shop to have pictures printed and handed out to police, mall security, and search teams.

Although it's super scary to think about Morgan or one of her friends getting lost, we all know that it can and does happen every day. I thought this was a great idea and I plan to start doing that on a regular basis now so it's a habit when she is old enough to walk.
Please visit Rocks In My Dryer for more Works for Me Wednesday tips!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You should link your Wed posts to the list on http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/

She hosts Works For Me Wednesday and then lots of people can read your tip!