Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Morgan's first theatre experience



All dressed up for the performance



I have my own seat!

What's the program say daddy?


Tonight we got the chance to begin exposing Morgan to "the arts". Patrick and I have been looking forward to taking her to see The Peking Acrobats since I bought the tickets last fall. I thought it would be flashy enough to keep her attention while still entertaining enough for Patrick and I not to want to slit our wrists (scenes from Barney and The Wiggles concerts we have seen on TV flew through my mind). Morgan made it through the first 45 minutes of the performance before having a total meltdown aided greatly by a) the fact that she had NO nap today, even though I left her in her room for over an hour by herself and b) the fact that the show started at 7:30 which is the normal time we start winding down for bed. Poor planning on Mama's part. She seemed to really like the performance at first, especially when the men were doing gymnastic moves on the floor. The slower portions where the women would show off how flexible they were didn't impress her much, although I quite enjoyed them. We left at intermission. I didn't want Patrick or myself to have to stand outside with her during the show and I figured since we came as a family and wanted this to be a family event that we should leave as a family.

We did see advertisements for Elmo Makes Music, which I am sure is very Barney-esque with show times at 10:30 AM and 2:00 PM, a much better fit for nap schedules. So while we learned very valuable lessons about planning events around sleeping, it was a good time, I believe, had by all.

1 comment:

bakergirl said...

Hey i made a new blog my other one dont work k its www.bakergirl21.blogspot.com and i found out how to get new layouts so if u want to kno how if u dont which u prolly do just let me kno kk bye Stpehanie