

What, might you ask, would cause a crazy, always on the go, never still toddler to do this???

The answer is simple....Fraggle Rock.
That's right, the same puppet show you watched and sang along with as a child has totally mesmerized my toddler! Never in her life has she sat still through a 30 minute TV show (which is not a bad thing, I might add).
Lately she's been really into the Playhouse Disney show Johnny and the Sprites. She is always asking for Johnny! The show is cute, with lots of singing and bright colors, but as I am sure all the mothers with younger children are nodding, watching the SAME DVD over and over can be a little...well grating on the nerves.
Thankfully my very wise mother suggested if she liked Johnny so much that she might like Fraggle Rock. I happen to have the first season of the Fraggles (Gobo, Mookie, Wembly, Boober, and Red) on DVD, so I tried it out. The result was astounding. Morgan sat, totally transfixed, and watched over 30 minutes of the show without moving! Amazing.
**Let me add the disclaimer here that I am certainly NOT a proponent of excessive TV watching or TV day care, but once in a while I feel it's OK**
1 comment:
She is so big! And it's crazy you two have been married for 5 years! I still remember your wedding like it was yesterday! --Amanda
Post a Comment