Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

And the award for Most Awesome Wife goes to...

Today I finally pulled off a surprise on my husband. Not only was it a surprise, it was a HUGE surprise!

Patrick will be turning 30 on December 13th. We are both big football fans. Patrick had never been to see a Pittsburgh Steelers game. I thought, what better way to remember a big birthday than with a big day! About 5 months ago I decided that since he will only turn 30 once that he deserved the chance to go see a Steelers game. My original hope was to get him to the December 7th game vs. Dallas but those tickets were very overpriced. Instead I decided that today's game vs. San Diego would be a good game, since the Chargers would be bringing Philip Rivers and LaDanian Tomlinson. I recruited Patrick's cousin (and best friend) Matt to go along to the game. The hardest part was keeping it all a secret for so long!

Today Patrick was talking a lot about what needed to be done today and all the work that he was going to do this evening for his presentation tomorrow. It was so hard not to spill the beans! The big surprise went down like this:

First, I wrapped the tickets with a Steelers toboggin in birthday paper. Morgan was postponing a nap the best she could (which in retrospect worked out nicely for the plan) so she and I went to "lay down for a nap" around 1:00. Matt and Melisa showed up at the house around 1:15pm. While Patrick was opening the door I sent Morgan out with the present.


He was surprised. After I turned the camera off video he started getting really excited. With less than 3 hours to game time, he had to hurry to get ready since they had to leave in time to get up there, park, and get in.

Or so he thought.

The second part of this present was LIMOUSINE transportation to the game! Matt, Melisa, and I all went together for a limo to take the guys. I was enjoying watching Patrick rush around, and then Melisa said Matt could change his clothes in the limo and Patrick looked at me and said "A limo? You got me a limo?!?!" I don't think the smile (seen in the 3rd picture) left his face the rest of the day!

I am really glad that we did get the limo...it was frigid outside, snowing, and driving would have been terrible. The guys got to sit back, chat about the game, and were driven right up to the front of the stadium! Patrick said when the game was over the driver was right outside the stadium, car warm, heated seats on! The Steelers ended up winning the game 11-10, so that made it even better. And Patrick was happy because L.T. scored a touchdown and Patrick has him on his fantasy team!

Happy (early) birthday honey. I hope your day was great.

2 comments:

Head table said...

That was a great story! Sounds like he loved it. I love surprises and love hearing about them!

Joshua S. Robinson said...

What an awesome surprise! I doubt the pictures do justice to how excited P was. :-)