Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I LOVE E-FILING!

You may remember a couple weeks ago I did our taxes. I always like to do my taxes early because for the past few years we've gotten a fairly nice refund. (I know Dad, I'm letting the government borrow from me interest free...) This year was the first time I tried doing the taxes online and e-filing. I have to admit I was quite nervous. Even though I do online banking, pay bills electronically, and basically do almost everything online, taxes seemed like a big feat. I mean, we are talking about paperwork for the IRS. Serious trouble if you screw up. And what if they don't get it? Then where will I be?

However, after my mother told me that she did her taxes using Turbo Tax online, I decided to take the plunge and give it a try. If all else failed, I could still print out my taxes returns and mail them in myself (the safe way, or so I thought before this year). So after two hours, multiple reviews of every possible piece of paper I could have in the house, and a minor anxiety attack, I pressed send and e-filed our taxes.

What happened next was surprising, and eased my anxiety fast. I got e-mails from Turbo Tax saying our taxes had been submitted, verified, and accepted by the feds, and both WV and PA tax departments. AND the best part....Tuesday (less than 2 weeks later) I received our refunds direct deposited into our bank account!

I don't know why I haven't done this before, but I can guarantee that I will be using Turbo Tax and e-filing from now on. If you haven't filed your taxes yet, I highly suggest you e-file. Even if you owe (we did in PA) you can set up an electronic payment to be deducted from your bank account on ANY day you want, up to and including April 15th! Easy as pie. Hope you all have as much fun with your taxes this year as I did!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am a huge fan of e-filing! I just got our federal refund today and our state refund should be posting anytime now. Hope everything is going well your direction - miss you bunches!!