Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Crazy Eights

Since I need a break from drowning in a sea of paperwork that I have absolutely NO desire to do, I thought I'd participate in this quiz. If you feel you want to follow suit, I'll be sure to read them! If not, just enjoy reading mine.

8 things I am looking forward to:

1) My parents coming home for Morgan's birthday
2) A new job title and duties (no more direct service!!) on July 1
3) Meeting my new niece/nephew in December (Patrick's sister is expecting again)
4) Seeing Les Miserables in Pittsburgh (AGAIN) this summer
5) Having an organized basement (hahaha, as if....)
6) Making money while getting rid of our junk at a yard sale
7) Morgan being fully potty trained!!!
8) Burning mountains of unfiled paperwork and starting "over"

8 things I did yesterday (Monday)

1) Scooped poop out of bathtub water
2) Made egg noodles and butter for dinner since I forgot to take chicken out before going to work (that's a gourmet meal around here!)
3) Caught up on all the websites I normally read instead of doing work
4) Opened a plastic tub that was full of stuff that needed to be put away, and just closed the lid and walked away, pretending that there was nothing I needed to do with that tub.
5) Thought about completing a project I started for my first niece's birth which is STILL not done (she's 2 1/2), and wondered if giving it to the newest baby would be bad in some way.
6) Talked on the webcam with Mom and Dad
7) Drank a pretend milkshake that had been made in the microwave
8) Drove through flood waters on my way to work

8 things I wish I could do

1) Be a stay at home mom
2) Travel wherever/whenver I want
3) Get motivated about losing weight
4) Have enough money to randomly give out to people who are so much in need
5) See my mom and dad every day IN PERSON (I do see them almost every day by webcam)
6) Have one more day with my grandparents
7) Start a para-transit service to provide people with disabilities a reliable way to get to/from work.
8) Be a wedding planner/consultant

8 shows I watch (sometimes)

1) Criminal Minds
2) Harper's Island
3) Two and a Half Men
4) Rules of Engagement
5) Big Bang Theory
6) CSI:
7) NCIS
8) Phineaus and Ferb (not by choice, but it's the most watched show in our house and really isn't all that bad)

8 songs I never get tired of hearing

1) Your Song by Elton John
2) Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
3) Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
4) Desperado by The Eagles
5) Ave Maria (I am particularly partial to Josh Groban's version)
6) Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx
7) Band of Gold by Freda Payne (again, I am partial to Kimberly Locke's version)
8) The River by Garth Brooks

8 plans for the rest of the week

1) Get Mother's Day cards purchased and gifts mailed
2) Attend birthday party for Morgan's friend Gianna
3) Take Morgan to visit Ellen
4) Get 1/2 of my clients' folders taken care of and off my desk
5) Hit the gym 2 more days
6) Attend fat camp (Weight Watchers)
7) Take a Mother's Day nap
8) Catch up on all the DVR'd shows

No comments: