Monday we tried to go to the beach to relax and play in the water. We only got to stay for 15 minutes because the yellow biting flies were TERRIBLE! Morgan had a great time playing in the water and I promised her we would get back out to the beach before we left. We have plans to meet a friend of mine on Tuesday for some fun in the sun.



Mom's surgery on Tuesday went really well. She was in surgery for 3.5 hours, and overall we spent less than 32 hours total at the hospital.
She spent one night in the hospital and I was able to bring her home Wednesday afternoon. Mom had a good day Wednesday. Thursday she started complaining about a very sore throat (which we anticipated) and was coughing up a lot of mucus. This morning she was gagging every time she swallowed and said her chest felt very heavy. We headed out to the ER and after 4 hours there she was diagnosed it post-op pneumonia. Poor thing! She is now on a pretty tough antibiotic to help get rid of that as well as her pain medication for her neck. She has to wear her neck brace at all times unless she is eating, showering, or sleeping. She says the brace is very comfortable (I am shocked).

Her Charge Nurse, Morgan, has been a huge help, feeding Mom water in the hospital and getting things as needed around the house. She likes to say "I am in charge", and she is!! Mom's night nurses, Leon and Pfeffer, have been cuddling with Mom a lot. Hopefully their puppy snuggles will make Mom feel better soon.
Not much else has been going on. Mom and I do a lot of crossword puzzles together. Aunt Linda entertains Morgan and we have all been simply resting. Thank you all for your prayers for our family. If you can, please continue to pray for Mom while she heals, and for Linda and I since both of us have been battling headaches/migraines over the past couple days.
1 comment:
So glad your mom is doing better. And praying that the headaches will go away from you and Linda.
Post a Comment