There are lots of Thanksgiving traditions around the country. Most include eating turkey and mashed potatoes, or watching the Macy's parade, or traveling across states. Each family creates their own as they grow and spend more holidays together. One Thanksgiving tradition I started in 2006 when the girls were celebrating their first was to give each child their first Christmas gift of the year on Thanksgiving Day. This gift is special because it includes a pair of pajamas (matching for the girls) and a toy that normally has to do with the holiday season. This year was no different. I decided to start off the day with the presents rather than wait until after the Thanksgiving meal, and I think I like this method better.

Here are the kids with their presents. The girls were so excited they could hardly stand themselves. As you can see, Kole wasn't too sure what was going on.


Julia, Morgan, and Kole, our Thanksgiving turkeys!
1 comment:
awesome ideas!
Post a Comment