Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Dish Carnival

Today my friends Catherine and Alaina participated in an online dish carnival, hosted by Rocks in My Dryer. Not to be left out, I thought I would show you some of my dishes. I am not nearly sophisticated as my friends and don't have much to show, and unlike my friends I did not have time to take pretty pictures of my dishes, so you'll have to take what I found on the dishes' respective websites.



Our wedding china is a beautiful pattern, Dearborn by Noritake. It has delicate lighter blue flowers around the edges, but not so flowery that Patrick won't eat off of them. In fact, HE picked them out after I narrowed the thousands of choices down to three. We have 12 place settings given as a wedding gift from our friends in Belgium. They have not been out of the box or used in 5 years. They are currently sitting in my garage, and now that I think about it, I hope that what I think is in that box is ACTUALLY what is in the box! I had to sacrifice something to fit in our 900 sq ft home! Often I sit at my desk and dream about a beautiful china cabinet where I can display my dishes and actually have them available to USE. Ahhh, someday.




Our everyday dishes are Summer Breeze by Pfaltzgraff. I have 8 place settings plus many serving pieces. I also have the matching curtains, kitchen rug, and assorted hanging pieces in my kitchen. We stuck with the blue theme and mixed in the yellow. I enjoy all the fun things that Pfaltzgraff comes out with every few months to keep my kitchen fresh.




Finally, we do have 4 West Virginia University dishes by FiestaWare. They were a total splurge, but we use them on football game days when the team is out of town (we have season tickets for when they are here). Sadly there is no picture. Maybe some day I'll get a picture of them up here for you.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Fun to have a coordinated kitchen!

You definitely seem like a blue and yellow kitchen person, although I'm not really sure what that means. I am a green kitchen person. My sister in law is a red kitchen person. I'm not sure why I think that, but there it is!

Mama10EE said...

Yes, I am certainly a blue and yellow kitchen girl. My kitchen is the only room in my house where the walls are NOT white. Isn't it funny how you gravitate toward one certain color for your kitchen? My house is so eclectic and nothing really matches, so it's nice to have one room that looks like I at least thought about it!

Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing those Pfaltzgraff ones myself. I love their stuff.

Alaina said...

I really like your dishes! The china is gorgeous - hopefully someday you'll have a chance to use them! Mine were packed away for awhile, too and I missed them. :)