Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fourth of July Recap--Phase 1

Our fourth of July weekend was packed full of exciting things we did! In order to keep everyone's eyes from getting tired, I am going to recap our weekend in phases, in the order we did them. So without further ado, here we go!

July 3rd we drove down to Germantown, MD to my brother and sister-in-law's house. There Morgan FINALLY got to play with the Play-doh spaghetti factory set she had received for her birthday. She loved it. I must say that all 6 adults had a good time with it too. It makes realistic looking spaghetti!


Morgan and Big DB had to compare chin scars as well.


July 4th started off early. Jeff, Cecelia, Patrick, Dad, Morgan and I headed to Butler's Orchard to pick blueberries. You may remember us picking strawberries at the same orchard in early June. This is such a wonderful place to go, and the price of blueberries was a little less than what we got a Sam's club, so that was nice too. If you live close or are ever down that way, I highly recommend the farmer's market there and of course the picking of your very own fruit!


Morgan did well not to eat the berries as we picked. There were a lot of people around, but there were plenty of big berries to pick. I did allow Morgan to eat about 5 as she went along. I figured that would make up for the price I was paying for my container :)

After picking we packed up and headed back to the house for lunch and to get ready to head into Washington DC.

No comments: