Since we got to the Capitol grounds around 3:15 and the concert didn't start until 8:00, we had a LOT of time to kill. But never fear, we found plenty of things to do while we waited.
Here are pictures of us showing our American pride:




We were close to the First Aid station, and I was alerted to the fact that they had their second "customer" of the day. I thought it was serious when I saw this:

It turns out that this man had sunscreen in his eye! I am still not sure why on earth they had him lay on a stretcher for them to put saline solution in his eye...oh the drama.
Patrick was the only one who took a nap:

(which probably isn't too advisable around our crew!!)

We got a pretty good family photo of the Tenneys (and for those of you who are getting Christmas cards from us this year, you'll most likely see this picture again!).

Morgan got a little restless, so we took her out to the reflecting pool so she could "dip her toes in". At least that's what she told me she wanted to do! I think this picture is just precious.


Patrick wanted me to take this picture to prove to Cecelia that there was, indeed, an empty parking spot near the Capitol and he COULD have driven down to find a spot! :)

This is my mother, pretending to be a squirrel (she was egged on by Cecelia). She should have known it would show up on the world wide web when she allowed photographic proof of her antics!
We finally got word that my Dad had met up with our dear friends Pierre and Jeannine Delzenne. They came from Belgium to spend the 4th of July holiday in Washington DC with our family. We met them in 1995 while we lived overseas, and they have become part of our family.
This was the first time Morgan got to meet Pierre and Jeanninou. She was a typical toddler and took a little while to warm up to them.
(above, Pierre, Morgan, Pasquale--Pierre's neighbor, Bruce--Pierre's friend, and Jeanninou)
Morgan finally did get comfortable around them. Enough to give Jeanninou a big hug, and sit on Pierre's lap.


We all had a great time catching up with them. I had not seen Jeanninou since our wedding nearly 6 years ago, and I had not seen Pierre since Jeff's wedding 4 years ago.


The time flew by after the arrived, and then it was time for the show!
Up next...the concert and the grand finale.
No comments:
Post a Comment