I love summer. It is by far my most favorite season. There is hardly a thing about summer that I don't like. Ridiculously hot days, cookouts, swimming, amusement parks, the list goes on and on. One of my most favorite things about summer is going to the beach. Or in my case, living vicariously through co-workers who have gone to the beach. Because the beach to me means 2 things....relaxation and salt water taffy.
Outisde of my everyday go to favorite, a Hershey's chocolate bar and my Easter seasonal Cadbury creme eggs, salt water taffy is my most favorite candy. I love the fantastic flavors, the bright colors, and the memories eating a piece always brings back to mind. Being a taffy lover, I feel that over 30 years I have also become a taffy conissieur. In my opinion, if the salt water taffy didn't come from a beachside gift shop or Disney Theme Park, it is NO GOOD. I can back up this subjective statement by saying that on the few occasions I have purchased taffy from our local grocery stores, it has always been jawbreaker hard and virtually void of flavor. I have purchased boxes from other theme parks with disappointing results.
Sadly, I have not been to the beach in a long time, so have not had the opportunity to purchase my own. Happily, though, lots of my co-workers have gone to the beach this summer and have brought home taffy to share with the group. Today I found another stash of taffy in a co-worker's office that I don't normally visit. What a blessing to me, that little discovery turned a rather sour, gloomy day around with bright oranges, pinks, and blues. Now I think I can make it through the rest of the day!
Outisde of my everyday go to favorite, a Hershey's chocolate bar and my Easter seasonal Cadbury creme eggs, salt water taffy is my most favorite candy. I love the fantastic flavors, the bright colors, and the memories eating a piece always brings back to mind. Being a taffy lover, I feel that over 30 years I have also become a taffy conissieur. In my opinion, if the salt water taffy didn't come from a beachside gift shop or Disney Theme Park, it is NO GOOD. I can back up this subjective statement by saying that on the few occasions I have purchased taffy from our local grocery stores, it has always been jawbreaker hard and virtually void of flavor. I have purchased boxes from other theme parks with disappointing results.Sadly, I have not been to the beach in a long time, so have not had the opportunity to purchase my own. Happily, though, lots of my co-workers have gone to the beach this summer and have brought home taffy to share with the group. Today I found another stash of taffy in a co-worker's office that I don't normally visit. What a blessing to me, that little discovery turned a rather sour, gloomy day around with bright oranges, pinks, and blues. Now I think I can make it through the rest of the day!
1 comment:
Yum!
Post a Comment