
In this edition of Keeping Creative Kitchens I want to share with you a use for ketchup that just might come in handy one day. We are forever getting those little packets of ketchup at the drive through window or from the condiments bar at fast-food places. Since I am not a ketchup eater, I always wondered if these packets multiplied secretly in my refridgerator while I was not looking since it always seems that there are a TON of ketchup packets in my house. Of course, that could be a part of my upbringing, as most of my family members save all little free things that they can get their hands on. I used to laugh at my Granny for that....oh my gosh I am turning into her! It must be her house rubbing off on me after 3 years of living here!
Anyhow...back to the purpose of this post. IF you find yourself in an abundance of ketchup I suggest you put them to good use on your copper bottomed pots. My wise mother shared this with me one day and I was amazed at the results. If your copper bottomed pots have discolored from use, all you have to do is squirt ketchup straight onto the bottom of the pot and scrub with a Brillo pad or something similar. The result? Shiny, just like new pot bottoms! The acid in the ketchup eats away at the grime on the bottom of the pan. Then simply wash with your regular dish liquid, dry, and enjoy the new look of your weathered pots.
And as always, be sure to check out Alaina's page for more examples of Keeping Creative Kitchens!
2 comments:
What an ingenious idea! i'll have to remember this one.
Glad to know you remember some of my helpful hints! Will have to send you the 15 strange uses for vodka...haven't tried any of them yet but I'll let you know how they work :)
Post a Comment