Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 06, 2008

My Football Boyfriend

Most people in the USA have at least one "popular" person who ranks in the top five people that you would date (given, of course, that you are single and available). My Fake Boyfriend comes from the NFL. He's not someone you would immdiately think of when you think of football, but every time he's on I will tune in. Patrick loves to yell "Your BOYFRIEND (while rolling his eyes) is on TV!"



Can you guess who it is?





I bet you'll never get it.





OK--here's the answer. Played college ball at University of Texas El Paso (UTEP). Got into the NFL in 1990. Been to 2 Super Bowls. Number 85.







Head referee Ed Hochuli.

By now you should be hearing that cheesy romantic music that you hear on movies when the guy sees the beautiful girl and the music gets all sappy. That is what is playing in my head right now! To use a line from South Park, he is total beefcake!


Now some of you good football fans are probably saying "But he has been involved in some controversial calls this season already". Yes he has. And yes, he is old enough to be my dad (in fact he is two years older than my dad). But no one can be perfect right?!?! I'd want to have my picture taken with him if I ever got the chance to meet him. AND he's a lawyer in his "real" life. He's got SIX kids, but unfortunately is on his second divorce. I always tell Patrick that should he meet his maker early in life, I'll be marrying Ed Hochuli and Morgan and I will be well taken care of. HAHA. I am sure that is a HUGE comfort to my hubby, who I have noticed has been inspecting his food recently :)


Just thought I'd share since he's the head ref of Monday Night Football tonight as the Vikings battle the Saints (who are currently up 7-0 at home enjoying both Reggie Bush and the return of Deuce McAllister). We will now return you to your regularly scheduled football game.

3 comments:

James Risk said...

Could you really leave West Virginia and the Mountaineers for an NFL referee? Keep in mind as a lawyer and referee, you'd have no chance in any arguement.

Alaina said...

For real?!! That's hilarious! :) How's your fantasy team doing?

Mama10EE said...

I play in two leagues. I am in second place in one (out of 10) and 6th (out of 12) in the other. It's fun, for sure! How's yours doing?

Oh, and Jim, for Ed I would go anywhere (HAHAHA, I am totally kidding).